It can be visible on the surface of the skin, hidden in the accent or rooted in the back of your mind. Between “politically correct”, the tribal and familial traditions and personal responsibility, in the realm of the hectic present and the memory of the past, these six films expose us to diverse aspects of the eternal question of identity.
- The Inspection, Caroline Brami and Frederic Bas, 13 min, France, 2021
- Kollegen (Good German Work), Jannis Alexander Kiefer, 14 min, Germany, 2020
- Tale of Life, David Bodrogi, 17 min, Hungary, 2021
- Once Upon A Time in Israel, Weronika Szyma, 11 min, Poland, 2021
- Paradise, Asaf Saban, 33 min, Israel, 2021
- Susam, Sami Morhayim, 18 min, Turkey, 2021
After the screening there will be a discussion with Israeli film expert Nir Ferber, a member of the Warsaw Jewish Film Festival and the ZSIFI film selection team, and Hungarian director David Bodrogi.